Monday, September 6, 2010

Big K


We survived our first week of all-day kindergarten (yep, that's right, 8:45am til 3:15pm, I'll get to that in a minute). We walked, well, I walked while Grace rode her scooter to her school. It took me an hour round trip, so we haven't walked again, but it was fun for the first day and perhaps every once in a while. On that first day's drop-off, I was totally expecting to cry at least a bit...but nothing (am I a heartless mom?). I was just so excited and happy for her to be in school, to start this new adventure.

And Clark has been such a trooper with this new transition. He's happy for Grace and loves to take her to and from school.




I thought I would love this all-day kindergarten (just for selfish reasons), but I decided that it's too much too early. I only get to see my little girl a few hours during the day, and she only has a few hours to play and be a kid. So much for a slow, ease into it transition. But luckily she likes school and her teacher. So far, so good.

7 comments:

Adrianna said...

Sterling has all day too... I'm a little scared that he'll be a little monster when he gets home from over-stimulation, but I guess we'll find out on Thursday (they don't start until then). He goes from 7:40-2:10... Sooo EARLY!

Adrianna said...

BTW, I like your stroller improv! ;)

Jenessa said...

It's all day Kindergarten here in Florida, too. Jocey comes home all riled up. I have to drag her out of bed cuz the bus comes at 7:20 am. Grace is so cute! She looks so much like you, Melissa. Glad the transition is going OK.

jamie t. said...

She is so sweet! All day kindergarten is so long for these little ones. She'll do great though

Debbie said...

What a big Girl! Hey at least you still have two more kids at home to keep you busy! I just started teaching Preschool today. It was a blast. I forgot how much fun it was :)

Luke, Marie & Brody said...

How fun! I'm sure Grace loves school!Can't wait to see you guys in a month!

Ciara said...

Just wanted you to know I was here. I can't believe how much Audrey looks like Clark when he was a baby and Grace has grown an inch or two.