Sunday, June 15, 2008

My Dad

Happy Father's Day!

Recently, I've thought a lot about my dad. I've actually wanted to post something about him, but now I'm glad I have a good excuse to do so (not that I need one). I was thinking of what a terrific dad he is. I'm just so thankful that I am able to still talk about him in the present. He gave us quite a scare a couple of weeks ago when he suffered a heart attack! Luckily for all of us, he survived it and now is on the road to recovery. I was able to see him on my very quick trip to Utah (pictures and details to come) last week. He has been a very good example to me and someone I have always admired! One of the things I admire about my dad is his 'poems'. He's quite clever in his use for words. I would like to think that he passed on some of that trait to me. So here is an ode to my dad:

My dad is of great importance in my life
Without him, I wouldn't make such a good wife.
He taught me everything I need to know,
Especially how to ode!

Love you Dad!

2 comments:

Grandma Mary said...

Dear Melissa,
Thank you so much for coming to see us. I know it meant a lot to Dad. Also thanks for the tribute. I don't know where I would be without your Dad. I look forward to August. Love, Mom

Maren and Dustin said...

It's amazing what a serious health issue can do for a family. My dad had a heart attack just days after Carson was born. So scary! And last year he had a stroke. But as luck would have it, he's still kickin just as much as he always has. And it's inspired his kids to really watch their health! What we do without our dads?!