Sunday, January 11, 2009

Finally!


It's been so long since I've blogged, I forgot that my pictures load up in the opposite order. But instead of doing it all again, I'll just post from end to beginning. Over the Christmas holiday, we traveled to Utah (12.25.08-12.31.08). So this shot is of us heading home. The flight home was a whole lot less terrifying than our flight to SLC.


As I was looking through the few pictures I took during our little trip, I realized I did a real crappy job. I didn't take any pictures of my family or during any present openings (of either family). While there, Andy got sick, so he lounged around just trying to get better. So we ended up not seeing any friends, but got to spend some quality time with the family, playing rock band. I especially enjoyed hanging out with my sisters (who both work for a school district, so they had that week off).


One of the highlights of our trip was taking Grace and her cousins to see The Nutcracker. I really enjoyed it! And I could tell that Grace was enjoying herself, when she was dancing in the aisles during the intermission. This may seem silly, but I was impressed that she knew when to clap. During it, I kept wanting to tell her to clap, but before I could, she would be clapping along with everyone. I wasn't sure if it would hold her attention, but she loved it! All three girls however fell asleep, towards the end. Now she is constantly talking of taking ballet class (which she'll be doing in March, after she turns 4). Thanks Kathy for a wonderful time!


All Grace wanted for Christmas was a kitchen and a pink umbrella. Luckily Santa was able to find her both. Every year, Andy and I make sure we have our own christmas morning, no matter what. Since our flight didn't leave until 5pm, we had plenty of time to open presents, which took all of a couple of minutes, and play with our toys! I was fortunate to get a new set of pots and pans, thanks to both my parents and in-laws.
We weren't sure if we would be getting out, with the snow and all of the other flights that had been canceled. But we left without any problems. However, it started to snow, hard, in Salt Lake. They even closed the airport it was so bad. We had to circle around in the air for a while before we knew if we could even land. Fortunately, we did. But I had never before been so nervous to land, I thought I was going to throw up. We had all of Andy's family waiting for us to get there. We didn't show up until 11pm that night. So we rushed through opening presents before everyone left. It was so great to see everyone again! Love to all!

1 comment:

Traci said...

Looks like you had a great Christmas! It was fun to see you guys for the short time that we did! Good luck with everything!